March 20, 2006

Hanging with the Gardeners


Life has been a little hectic and I haven't made much progress on my garden plan. I decided to add carrots, turnips, lima beans and onions to my list of plants for the garden and I bought seeds for most of these to start growing them indoors. I even purchased a cheap plastic greenhouse and some little discs of 'growing medium" that grow into columns when you add water.

I spent all day Saturday volunteering at a small citywide gardener's convention (the mayor even came). I got some lettuce seeds out of that and I got to spend a lot of time with some very nice people from my gardening class who were the majority of the volunteers. Some of my fellow students received certificates of completion for the class but, I've got a bunch of classes to make up before I can get one of those. It was really interesting sitting around with a whole crew of people obsessed with gardening. A couple of them were headed straight to the flower show once they were done volunteering and they were sooo glad that it was open until 9PM.

No comments: